Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Faith and Reason

I thought it was interesting that Dan sent me this article today: click here to read it.
~~
It is about a doctor who works on the human genome project and how he believes in God despite his strong scientific background. I thought this was fortuitous at first, but was it, really? Do things happen only by chance? I don't think so, but I do think we don't always see the big picture.
~~
Last week at RCIA, the subject was "Faith and Reason" which was the title of a letter written by Pope John Paul II. You can see the letter in it's entirety here: Fides et Ratio. I think this is a very important topic for the times. It helps me especially as I am teaching my children about God and creation and shaping their faith and beliefs. Dallas is very interested in science, and I feel his vocation may be science related. It is very fitting that it should be coming up so much for me as I am coming so close to my own beginning of sorts.
I have chosen my saint name for this Saturday, St. Monica. She is a patron saint for mothers and for patience, and her story spoke to me. She prayed for 17 years for her son's conversion as he was leading a life of debauchery, and he was sainted also! I aspire to have even a fraction of her patience.

No comments: