Friday, November 16, 2007

Savanna & Bailey Get Their 1st Haircuts Tonight

Bailey, almost age 2: I cut his hair first because he was sleepy (bedtime was the best time for this because he is a wiggly little critter!), so he could go to bed. Little kids have commented that Bailey looks like a girl. Adults probably think it, too, but kids are very frank with you. Adding that he carries around a pink "buddy" as his comfort item doesn't help, so I figured it was about time to give him his first haircut. His hair does not grow very fast like Savanna's whose hair was already halfway down her back by age 2.

Check out Bailey's Buddha belly. Rub it for good luck! He eats all day long; he eats more than I do!

Before:

His eyes are still hazel for now, for those of you who voted. They could still turn brown!

Bailey getting his hair cut:

After:

Such long lashes. Why do the boys get them?



Savanna, age 3.5: This is Savanna's first haircut, well, second really, if you want to get technical. I took her to a really inexpensive salon on April 14th (Dan's birthday) to get rid of her split ends since she just turned 3 and had never had a haircut before at all. She loved that and was very good for the hairdresser. I wanted to get it shorter then, but Dan wouldn't let me. Here's some shots from that day:



Savanna has been asking me for a haircut ever since Dan and the boys came home after their haircuts a couple of months ago. Dan wouldn't let me cut her hair before now because he really liked her long hair. He also likes my hair long while I myself would prefer shorter hair. Savanna's hair is so fine that it tangles easily, especially since she is always touching it while she eats and getting food all up in it. She scratches her head and tosses and turns a lot in her sleep, so her hair gets all ratted up. It's so fine that when we try to brush out the massive tangles, her hair breaks off. I have wanted to give her a bob for a long time now, and using the argument about the tangles, I was able to convince Dan to let me cut her hair. I love braiding Savanna's hair. I won't be able to do this anymore, but I have pictures! (from May 11th):



Don't you like that you can see Dallas's beautiful eyes in this picture?

I'm sure I'll get more chances to braid her hair when she gets older. She looks very pretty with her long honey blonde hair, but I can speak from experience - it is soooo high maintenance! And Savanna is not your girly girl. She has 3 brothers!

Before:


Here we go!

Savanna checking out her hair:

It doesn't look like a lot, does it? There was so much breakage from tangles.


After:

The back, after it's been blown dry:




What do you think?


Here's Noah. His haircut is still working for him.


I'm still trying hard to convince Dallas to let me cut his hair! I think he would look a lot more handsome if you could see his big brown eyes.

Maybe if I could get some comments saying whether you like it now or would like to see him in shorter hair. Maybe you can convince him to get it cut or convince me to let him keep it long! (Click on "comments" link below.)

No comments: