Sunday, December 10, 2006

Bailey Turns One

Bailey's birthday is December 10th. We had a party for him Saturday. He is officially a toddler now that he is walking. It has been a tradition since Dallas for us to get a cake especially for the baby turing one (and another cake for the rest of the family) since it is a milestone for them: their first honest to goodness sugar attack! I never let them have candy or cake other than maybe some small tastes, so this is truly the first time they are allowed to go crazy and have as much sugar as they want. You can see the progression from cute calm baby to full fledged sugar rush and finally to the quiet calm from having a belly full of cake.

Bailey opening presents with Mama, Savanna helping:

Say cheese!

Happy Birthday to you! He's shaking a glowstick:

Hmmm. What is this stuff?

Still testing the waters. But it's looking really good!

Oh, yeah, this is great! Sugar rush! My sister-in-law Monica is enjoying the show, and her son, our nephew Alex, is sticking his tongue out at Bailey. Bailey is a very good copycat!

One of Dan's family traditions. Cake somebody! Noah was a good sport about it.

Bailey is caking himself!

Okay. I'm getting full now, but i can't bring myself to stop putting my hands into the cake. It beckons me!

So now I will feed mama! I must keep attacking the cake!

Alex gets caked:

Hee hee hee. This is vintage Bailey. He makes the funniest little faces as he loves to entertain. I think, however, here it is a reaction to so much sugar in his blood!

Cake anyone? I've had plenty, but there's lots more here to go around.

Sister Savanna has had her fill:

And me, too. Just sucking my fingers now. Stop me, somebody, please!

If you have time to watch a few cute videos, here are some from the party. Savanna Helps Herself to Cake, so funny because she decides to take matters in her own hands while I am ignoring her to watch and tape the Bubby show. In Savanna Cleans Up we see her need for clean, she is an obsessive clean freak for someone who can make a pretty good mess herself! And finally, Bathing Bubby is the perfect end to a perfect day as we clean away all the sugar and macaroni. Bailey can sure party hardy! He slept very well that evening...
~~
Happy Birthday, Bailey!!!

No comments: