Friday, December 01, 2006

Bubby Walks

Here is a new video titled Bubby Walks. He has been trying to walk for a couple of weeks now, but after 1-2 steps would hit the ground crawling. I don't think he felt safe walking. But he is getting more and more brave every day, and I took this video earlier today. It is the most steps he has taken so far. He might have started walking sooner if I did not have to keep him in his play yard so much. It is not an easy task keeping up with 4 kids, and that is the safest place for him! I cannot keep him in the walker anymore because he has started to bring his feet up and try to rocket himself out. So I would literally have to keep my eyes on him every moment, which ideally you are supposed to do while they are in those things, but with Savanna around, this is impossible (she is high maintenance... still). So I can't put him in there! I lost my camera for a month which is my way of saying I have been super sick for a month, one thing after another. It is sad to lose a whole month of my life; I was only able to do the bare minimum for my family. Dan was sick for a couple of weeks himself, neither of us could just lay up in bed like we wanted to. I am thankful for my renewed health and hope it will stay this way for a while!

Bailey hasn't changed much in the face - same 'ole yummy cutie pie. He'll be one Sunday (Dec 10th). All my babies except Noah waited until they were exactly one to start walking (Noah was walking at nine months, and he did not hesitate for a moment. Once he figured out he could walk, he was running and chasing after Dallas). Hope you enjoyed the video - I know it got a little crazy towards the end. I had Bailey in the room by myself, but then the whole gand arrived and chaos ensued. Bubby might have walked longer if it wasn't a madhouse in there! That could be another reason he has waited so long to walk - he does a lot of people watching around here. It's better than TV to him!

No comments: