Sunday, August 12, 2007

Popcorn: First weekend

They sold $260.
Pretty good, I think...
Dallas has pneumonia.
I missed my baby sister's baby shower. =-(

Noah had to sell by himself half of their time, and he was lost without Dallas to "reel them in." (Noah is the "closer.") Dallas says, "Popcorn! Get your popcorn!" And when they come over, Noah tells them all about the popcorn matter-of-factly. It works for them.

We had a cold passing between us for the past week, and Dallas must not have been over it. His asthma is induced by viruses and sometimes is worse than other times, usually if he gets 2 colds close together, but I think the cold last week and then having him out in this unbelievably hot weather and whatever allergens are in the air spurred his asthma this time. He was coughing badly Saturday evening and feverish, so we took him to the clinic today. When Dallas just lies around in bed, it worries me because every time he has been that way, it turns out to be pneumonia. So I don't waste a minute getting him to the Dr. or ER when he gets that way.

Pneumonia can get bad really fast, especially when you have asthma. I have never had it, other than a mild case of bronchial pneumonia, so I don't know what it feels like but it must be bad to get Dallas down. He keeps right on trying to play even when he has the dry heaves and shivers (in between episodes, of course), so pneumonia has to be bad. He says his lungs hurt and that he feels "rattling" in his chest. But he got some antibiotics, some Advair, and we started him on the Albuterol nebulizer right when he started the coughing (We keep that stuff on hand for times like this. Asthma episodes come up really fast like this, so you have to keep the inhalers around even though he is perfectly normal most of the time, and this happens maybe once or twice a year. You just never know when or how bad it is going to be.)

Needless to say, school is not starting tomorrow as planned.

I'm already tired. Maybe scheduling a whole lot of popcorn sales at the beginning is not such a good idea. But who could have known? Maybe I should have known. Why fill my plate more than it already is? Chaos follows me closer than a cat chasing a mouse. I feel like the mouse...

No comments: