Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Bailey Sits Up - No, Stands up!!

I have been meaning to post these images for a while from late July, the 25th to be exact. Bailey started sitting up that day (without falling over!!!) Now, he had already been scoot-crawling before then, so he was able to get just about anywhere he wanted to be. This was perplexing as we get his pictures taken by a phenomenal photographer who takes pictures in stages, the 6-7 month stage being the sitting up stage. Well, since he started "crawling" before sitting, we had to postpone his appointment. If you have seen the results she gets from Savanna, then you would understand why you wait for the "6 month" pictures for the baby to be sitting up. We went in yesterday, the 9th, for his 6th month pictures, even though he is technically 8 months today because of the sitting up milestone. Well, Bailey just wanted to crawl all over the place so it was extremely difficult to keep him still. But Lesley is an artist (pronounced with a bit of a french twist), so I am sure she will get plenty of beautiful photos that I will be sad I cannot afford to buy. But I bought the baby plan already where I get to have 1 photo each from each milestone (3, 6, 9, 12 mths) - that is soooo worth what I paid for it. I have the same layout for Savanna, and it is priceless. When Dallas and Noah were babies, I was all up in Sears, JCPenney, and Wal-Mart, getting pictures of them above and beyond the 3 month markers, but being the mom of 4 kids now, I just do not have the time (or patience) to go get individual photos taken - and forget about family pictures - I think the last one we did was December 2003 when I was pregnant with Savanna! It is sad, but I have not gotten pictures of Savanna since her 1 year pictures, and she is past 2 already. I meant to, really, but I do not feel too guilty since I have this digital camera and take so many more pictures than I ever took of Dallas and Noah when they were babies. We have lots of pictures of her growing up. So I am hoping it will all even out, and they won't feel like I doted on one any more than the other.


Look, what is this thing? A football?


Hey, I knew it was a football, you silly! I was just testing you! Hook 'Em Horns!!!

Anyway, so the Bub started sitting up a couple of weeks ago, and lo and behold, he is standing up already! Yes, he stood up for the first time yesterday which I documented in this video, The Bub Stands Up. Bubby is 8 months today, so this is an omen, I am afraid. Noah started walking by 9 months from sheer will and determination to follow his brother Dallas on his adventures. Bailey has 3 siblings he is modeling after!! They grow way too fast - why can't my last one just stay a baby???
TTFN - Carrie

No comments: