Monday, July 03, 2006

The First Post

I am starting this blog to have an outlet to share my thoughts and feelings about my family and also the things I enjoy to do. Dan and the kids might post some stuff they would like to share also, so that is why I call it "The Mays Family." Right now not much is going on except the typical crazy chaos that comes from having 4 kids! We are so lucky to have air conditioning - I have to let that be the first thing I talk about. On Saturday, June 10th, our A/C stopped working. The fan went out, and they were not able to fix it until Tuesday morning. Since I was still very sick with a cold, I could not bear dealing with it, so Sunday evening we stayed in a hotel. It was sort of an adventure for us. the kids had a lot of fun; Dan took them swimming in the pool. We stayed 2 nights. It was expensive but worth it!!

Unbelievably, the next Friday, June 16th, the A/C compressor blew up. The A/C tech said one issue had nothing to do with the other, so you can say we have really weird luck! It was such a good night for us up until then. My friend Jennifer and her family came over to watch the kids for us so Dan and I could go an a date - our first since Bailey was born. And I commented to Jennifer how much I appreciated air conditioning and that I would never take it for granted again. And not 2 hours later we heard a pop and crash which was the compressor blowing up. Again, it was not until Tuesday that the compressor was replaced. Since we could not afford any more nights in the hotel, we purchased a portable A/C from Home Depot to keep the master bedroom cool so we had a place to go for comfort. We all 6 of us slept in one room! Another adventure for the Mays family!!! Here is Noah and Savanna out for the night on the floor of our room:



Thankfully the parts were under warranty, but overall we shelled out over $500 for the labor (not including the $250 spent on the hotel). You can safely say I have had enough adventure for the summer. Dan still wants to take the kids to Schlitterbahn later this month, but Savanna and Bailey are too young. I will be staying with them while they play. It may not have been very enjoyable, but this will definitely be a summer I will never forget. I think many years from now I will think back and laugh about it!! But for now, having written about it, I am letting it go and moving on to happier subjects in future posts!!
TTFN - Carrie

No comments: