Monday, July 03, 2006

Happy Fourth!!


June 23, 2006
This is a pic of Dan and the boys that he took of them on the last day of cub scout camp. He volunteered and taught the BB Gun station while Dallas and Noah earned belt loops, pins, and steps toward their ranks in cub scouts. They are eating a drumstick - they were always starving right when they got home from camp - they couldn't even stop eating to pose for a picture! It was extremely hot, but they had a lot of fun (the kids did anyway =) ... I will have to let them get on here soon and say some words about it...

Well, Savanna can pretty much get into any room in the house now. She can open doors!! This has made my life a lot more difficult, especially when I am trying to make dinner. The other day, she was really interested in her "potty" book (it has a button you can push to make the flushing sound), and I guess she wanted some hands on experience. While I was cooking just around the corner, she was in the bathroom. She had her shirt and diaper off and the bathroom floor was covered in water and toilet paper as was she and the walls. There were 2 sopping wet full rolls of toilet paper on the ground also (I am guessing she was dipping them in when it got too frustrating to try to get off swatches). So dinner had to be put on hold while I gave Savanna a bath. Dan was working overtime, but I called him in for reinforcement because I was a bit overwhelmed. He came right home and cleaned up the bathroom so I could finish dinner. ARRRGGGHHH! That's when you know it is time for the door handle thingies to keep the kids out... What's really weird is that she will open every door in the house, but when we put her in her room for naptime or bedtime, she will not try to get out. If I am outside the door and I call her name, she will open the door, but she stays in there otherwise. I will only question it a little though because I am sooooo thankful for it!!! (for now, anyway...)

Happy Fourth!! TTFN - Carrie

No comments: