Monday, July 24, 2006

A small sample of A Day in the Life...


Savanna loves to go get the Bub after I get her up from her nap. She is quite noisy when she is up and about, so Dallas and Noah heard her when we went in there this afternoon and decided to join in on the action. Noah hopped in the papasan, and Savanna followed close behind. She is in a copycat phase right now. She likes to do whatever her Bubbas are doing. She asked for her "Meenie" because she wanted to chill out and relax, suck her thumb a little. I went to get my camera because I knew this was going to be cute. Savanna asked Dallas to come in for a sit, and Dallas wanted to hold Bailey. Dallas asked me to make a movie of them, so I shot some video with my camera. I got From Chillin' to Screamin' in 17.8 Seconds, and I shot the sequel, From Screamin' to Chillin' in 60 Seconds, immediately afterwards. It's about 3 minutes total, but I have to say this is a really good sample of what I go through all day long.

There are many fun, sweet moments, sometimes calm, hardly ever quiet, mostly packed with action, and often loaded with conflict of one kind or another (mostly to do with Savanna screaming about something). Bubby cries a little here and there when he wants or needs attention, and Dallas and Noah have always got something going on. Savanna just wants to be included. She is the little sister and wants to be the center of attention, even with her "Bubbas." So she thinks she has to scream in order to be heard, and sadly, most of the time this is true. What's a little squirt gonna do? Isn't it amazing that such a loud noise can come from such a tiny person? I cannot even scream that loud (and definitely not at that pitch!) Did it make any of you jump a bit when you heard it (kind of like when you hear fingernails on the chalkboard)? Just wondering if it's only me, or if maybe it affects me more since I'm the mama. Can you believe I have not been committed to the looney bin yet? It's only a phase, it's only a phase... that's what I keep reminding myself, anyway...

This is the photo I took right after shooting the video. They are such good kids not to let Savanna's tantrums get them down. I am able to handle it so much better because of how easy they make it for me by remaining calm and collected and often times coming to the rescue by distracting her just like we parents do. I think they will make great dads someday, these boys of mine. I love all my babes!!! ...the Geegers, the Nani, and the Bub...

P.S. Savanna is wearing her favorite shirt: her "Nemo" shirt. Finding Nemo is her favorite movie right now, and when I saw the shirt for only $4, I thought she might like it. Little did I know... I can hardly get it away from her to wash it!!!

No comments: