Wednesday, July 19, 2006

We are sooooo unCOOL... Or are we too cool?

I say this because we seem to have trouble with anything that cools. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that our fridge was not cooling like it used to. I kept having to turn it up until it was on the highest number. The freezer worked fine - ice was not melting, but the butter in the fridge was soft and milk was not as cold as I would like it and went bad before the sell by date. We called Whirlpool, and they mentioned that if a frost free freezer is in a really hot environment for a time (like the 2 times our A/C broke and our house got over 85 degrees) it can develop condensation which will freeze and the fridge will not cool as well. So this made sense, and we put everything in the deep freeze or in an ice chest while we were away in Katy for the weekend, so we would not lose all our food. Then when we got back, we unplugged the fridge, and we did see where there was a block of ice up in a vent where it probably shouldn't have been since it is a frost free freezer. It worked just like it used to for about a week, and now we are having the same problem again. We will be calling again to see if maybe we didn't let it dry out long enough. We also cleaned the dust off of the coils which we hadn't done EVER just in case that was causing it. If you have not done this, I highly recommend it, because it was really gross! I think it should be done at least once a year! If we thaw it out again, and it happens again, we will have to call out a repairman. At this point, I think it is comical that these particular types of things keep happening to us. I can only surmise that we are absolutely uncool!! Dan and I are in our 30s now, and I think we sometimes forget how old we are. Maybe this is life's way of reminding us we are no longer hip and cool. But then again, were we ever? (If I had a scanner, I would insert a picture here of us when we were in high school so you could judge for yourself.) I think we may actually be cooler now than we were then!! But you wouldn't know it from our recent history with cooling devices! Maybe we are in fact too cool and the "cool"ing devices fall apart because they simply cannot compete with our level of coolness. =-)

This is getting weird - it is late, and I should not be writing when I am tired and Pink Panther is on the TV in the background - do you remember that cartoon? I am really cool right now - I love A/C!
TTFN - Carrie

No comments: