Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Piggy Back Ride - June 5, 2006

Bailey loves being in the thick of things and was whimpering his "I want Mama to hold me" cry while I was trying to make dinner. My nerves cannot handle when my babies are crying (I think it's the "mommy" hormones from nursing), so I put him in the mei tai on my back. Voila! Happy baby! After a while, Noah pointed out to me that he fell asleep so I asked him to take a picture for me since I could not see my back! I was able to see that he was slipping a bit (I did not make it tight enough!):

Noah has always loved my different baby wearing methods, so he was quick to ask me if he could carry Savanna in the mei tai once I took the Bub out:

Here he is wearing Savanna last November in a carrier I got from my friend Jenny:

All it is is 6 yards of stretchy fabric. I had just gotten it because it looked like a good way to carry a newborn (and it was, Bailey loved it and still does). Jenny carried her 2 year old around in it, so I tried it out and was able to carry Nani in it even with my prego-belly. Noah just had to try it also!!


Of Course, Savanna is a lot heavier now than she was then, so he could not carry her around as long! She's about half his weight I think! Dallas noticed the attention being paid to Noah and Savanna and had to be part of the fun also. Here he is posing with them (Savanna is eating up the attention!):

and also acting super silly, for laughs...

Since then, Noah has been giving Savanna piggy back rides often. She loves them! He gets on the floor like a horse, and she climbs on and grabs hold to him and up and off he goes. Savanna has Noah wrapped around her pinkie right now - poor kid... But I am so thankful for his ability to keep her entertained - it is a huge help for me!!

No comments: